Checking the amount of hotspot bandwidth left on your Android device is a straightforward process. Here’s how you can do it:
Checking Hotspot Data Usage on Android
- Access Mobile Data Hotspot Usage:
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Android device.
- Navigate to ‘Network and internet’.
- Tap on the network whose hotspot data usage you want to check.
- Select ‘App data usage’ to view a graph of your mobile data usage over the past month.
- Scroll down to ‘Hotspot and tethering’ to see how much mobile data you’ve shared with others through the Hotspot.
- Check WiFi Hotspot Usage:
- If you’re sharing a WiFi connection via Hotspot, go back to ‘Network and internet’ and tap on ‘Wi-Fi’.
- At the bottom, you’ll find a ‘Wi-Fi data usage’ option.
- This section will show a graph similar to mobile data, illustrating your WiFi data usage.
- Again, scroll to ‘Hotspot and tethering’ to view the total Wi-Fi data shared over the Hotspot for the selected time period.
Understanding Data Usage
Monitoring your Hotspot data usage is crucial, especially if you’re on a limited data plan or share your connection frequently. This check ensures that you remain within your data limits and avoid potential overage charges.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.