Every gamer’s nightmare is a console that refuses to turn on. If you’re facing issues with your PlayStation 5 (PS5) not turning on, this guide is for you.
Is your PS5 not powering up? Our detailed guide provides several practical troubleshooting steps to help get your console back up and running.
Understanding the PS5 Power Issues
Power problems with your PS5 can be due to various reasons, from loose power cords to software glitches. It’s important to diagnose the problem correctly to find the best solution.
Inspecting the Basics
Before delving into complex troubleshooting steps, make sure you’ve inspected the basics:
- Check the Power Cable: Ensure the power cable is properly connected to the PS5 and the power outlet.
- Test the Power Outlet: Plug another device into the power outlet to ensure it’s functioning correctly.
Hard Resetting the PS5
A hard reset can often resolve minor software glitches that prevent your PS5 from turning on. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on the PS5 until you hear two beeps.
- Disconnect the power cable from the back of the PS5.
- Wait for a few minutes before plugging the power cable back in and turning on the PS5.
Entering Safe Mode
If your PS5 still isn’t turning on, try entering safe mode:
- Press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps.
- Connect the controller with a USB cable and press the PS button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reboot your PS5.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if my PS5 still won’t turn on after following these steps?
If your PS5 still won’t turn on after following these steps, you may need to contact Sony’s customer support or get your console serviced by a professional.
Can a power surge cause my PS5 to not turn on?
Yes, a power surge can potentially damage your PS5’s power supply, preventing it from turning on. It’s recommended to use a surge protector to safeguard your console.
Could a software update cause my PS5 to not turn on?
While rare, it’s possible for a software update to cause issues with your PS5. Entering safe mode and rebuilding the database or updating the system software can often resolve this.
Having a PS5 that won’t turn on can be frustrating, but there are several troubleshooting steps you can try before seeking professional help. Remember, if you’re not comfortable performing any of these steps, it’s always best to consult a professional or reach out to Sony’s customer service.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.