Aerial screen savers are a delightful way to transform your screen into a window to the world. They showcase breathtaking views from above, offering a serene escape without leaving your desk. But what if you want to add your own touch or showcase a particular scenery? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to add scenery to the aerial screen saver.
Understanding the Aerial Screen Saver
The Aerial screen saver is a feature on Apple TV that plays videos from Apple’s tvOS screen saver collection. This includes classic aerial shots of cities like New York and San Francisco, mesmerizing views of Earth from the International Space Station, and even the underwater videos introduced in tvOS 13. But the fun doesn’t stop there; with Aerial, you can also include videos from third-party sources or even add your own personal touch.
How To Add Scenery to the Aerial Screen Saver
Turn your Apple TV into a visual delight by adding gorgeous sceneries to the Aerial screen saver. Let’s get started. Before you begin, decide on the scenery you want to add. This could be a drone footage you’ve captured, a video from a vacation, or any aerial view you find mesmerizing.
Customizing the Aerial Screen Saver
a. Accessing Screen Saver Settings:
- Start by opening the Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to General > Screen Saver.
- Here, you can select the ‘Type’ option and choose the kind of screen saver you want.
b. Choosing the Scenery:
- If you opt for ‘Aerial’, you’ll be presented with stunning views. To keep things fresh, you can set your Apple TV to download new aerial videos daily, weekly, or monthly. However, be mindful of the storage, as these videos can be sizable.
- After selecting Aerial, you can further refine your choices by selecting the ‘Theme’. This allows you to show or hide options like Landscape, Earth, Underwater, and Cityscape.
c. Using Personal Photos:
- If you’d rather have a more personal touch, choose the ‘My Photos’ option. This lets you use your own photo albums or shared albums as a screen saver.
d. Transition and Display:
- Customize how your photos or videos transition. Options include effects like ‘Flip-Up’ and ‘Sliding Panels’. You can also adjust the time each slide displays, ranging from 2 to 20 seconds.
Make Your Scenery Look Great
- Convert to the Right Format: Ensure your video is in a format compatible with your screen saver application. Typically, MP4 or MOV formats work best. Use video conversion tools if necessary.
- Trim and Edit: For the best effect, your video should be concise and loop seamlessly. Use video editing software to trim unnecessary parts and enhance the video’s quality.
- Locate the Aerial Screen Saver Folder: On your computer, navigate to the folder where the aerial screen saver videos are stored. This location may vary based on your operating system and the screen saver application you’re using.
- Add Your Video: Copy and paste your edited video into the aerial screen saver folder. Ensure it doesn’t replace any existing files unless you intend to.
- Configure Settings: Open your screen saver settings on your computer. Select the aerial screen saver option and look for customization or settings options. Here, you should be able to select which videos play, including the one you’ve just added.
- Preview and Enjoy: Before finalizing, preview the screen saver to ensure your added scenery plays smoothly and integrates well with other aerial views. Once satisfied, sit back and enjoy your personalized aerial escape.
Additional Features and Tips
- Home Sharing: If you have Home Sharing set up, you can access content from your Mac’s library.
- Music Library: This option displays album covers from your music collection.
- Show During Music and Podcasts: Decide if you want the screen saver to play while listening to music or podcasts.
- Third-Party Videos: Aerial also supports videos from third parties. For instance, Josh & Hal have released a pack of videos shot over the Ventura region in California. You can add these to your Aerial screen saver for a change of scenery.
Aerial for Mac Users
For Mac users who are fans of the Aerial screen saver on Apple TV, there’s good news! Aerial is available as a free and open-source Mac screen saver. It’s compatible with macOS 10.12 and later and offers the same stunning views right on your Mac desktop.
The Aerial screen saver is more than just a visual delight; it’s a customizable feature that allows Apple TV users to personalize their viewing experience. Whether you prefer the default aerial views, third-party videos, or your own photos, the options are vast and varied. So, the next time you’re taking a break, let your screen come alive with the beauty of the world.
Adding your own scenery to the aerial screen saver not only personalizes your experience but also gives a unique touch to your screen’s idle moments. With these simple steps, you can transform your screen into a personalized aerial journey, showcasing the places and views that resonate with you.
- Can I add multiple sceneries to the aerial screen saver?
- Absolutely! Just ensure each video is appropriately formatted and added to the screen saver folder.
- Do I need specific software to edit or convert videos?
- There are many free and paid software options available for video editing and conversion. Choose one that suits your needs.
- How can I ensure my video loops seamlessly?
- When editing, try to find a starting and ending point that looks similar, creating a smooth transition when the video repeats.
- Is there a size limit to the videos I can add?
- While there’s no strict size limit, larger files might slow down your computer or cause lag in the screen saver.
- Can I share my customized aerial screen saver with others?
- Yes, you can share the video files, but the recipient will need to follow similar steps to add them to their screen saver.
- Can I Add My Own Photos to the Aerial Screen Saver?
- Yes, starting with version 2.0 of Aerial, you can add your own videos to the screen saver.
- How Often Does Apple Update the Aerial Screen Saver?
- Apple periodically adds new videos to the Aerial screen saver. Make sure your Apple TV is updated to enjoy the newest additions.
- Can I Use Aerial Screen Saver on Other Devices?
- Apple’s Aerial screen saver is exclusive to Apple TV. However, third-party versions are available for Mac, Windows, and other platforms.
- Is the Aerial Screen Saver Available on All Apple TV Models?
- The Aerial screen saver is available on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD. Older models may not support this feature.
- How often can I download new aerial videos?
- You can set your Apple TV to download new videos daily, weekly, or monthly. However, be cautious of storage space as these videos can be large.
- Are there third-party videos available for the Aerial screen saver?
- Yes, third parties like Josh & Hal have released video packs that can be added to the Aerial screen saver.
- Can I use the Aerial screen saver on my Mac?
- Absolutely! Aerial is available as a free and open-source screen saver for Mac users.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.