Today’s topic? Your AirPods. But we’re not just talking about music, podcasts, or phone calls – no, your AirPods can actually help you hear better. Surprised? Let’s dive in!
Live Listen: Your Personal Hearing Aid
Apple introduced a feature called Live Listen with iOS 12. Originally designed for hearing aids compatible with Apple’s Made for iPhone hearing aid program, it has since been extended to AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
In essence, Live Listen turns your iPhone into a directional microphone, transmitting audio directly to your AirPods. This can make it easier to hear conversations in noisy environments, or even from another room!
How to Set Up Live Listen
Setting up Live Listen is straightforward:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Control Center, then Customize Controls.
- Tap the ‘+’ next to Hearing.
- Now, the Hearing control is added to your Control Center.
How to Use Live Listen
To use Live Listen, follow these steps:
- Ensure your AirPods are connected to your iPhone.
- Open the Control Center by swiping down from the upper right corner of your iPhone.
- Tap the ear icon. This opens the Hearing controls.
- Tap ‘Live Listen’.
- Place your iPhone closer to the person or sound source you want to hear.
And voila! Your AirPods are now providing you with enhanced hearing.
Remember, though, Live Listen is not a substitute for a professional hearing aid. If you’re experiencing significant hearing issues, it’s crucial to consult with a healthcare professional.
So there you have it – an unexpected use for your trusty AirPods that can make life a bit easier when the noise gets too much. Keep exploring your tech and making the most of it. That’s what we’re all about here at GadgetMates.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.