This message means that your device is not currently registered with Apple’s warranty or AppleCare+ coverage. This could be because you have not yet purchased a warranty or coverage plan, or because your device is not eligible for coverage.
Why is my device not registered?
There are a few reasons why your device might not be registered.
- You have not purchased a warranty or coverage plan. If you have not purchased a warranty or coverage plan for your device, it will not be registered with Apple.
- Your device is not eligible for coverage. There are a number of reasons why a device might not be eligible for coverage, such as if it is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- Your device’s warranty or coverage has expired. If your warranty or coverage plan has expired, your device will no longer be registered with Apple.
How can I register my device?
If you have not purchased a warranty or coverage plan for your device, you can do so at any time by visiting the Apple Store online or by calling Apple Support.
If your device is eligible for coverage, you can register it by following these steps:
- Go to the Apple Support website and click on “Coverage & Repairs.”
- Enter your device’s serial number and click “Continue.”
- Select the type of coverage you want to purchase and click “Continue.”
- Enter your payment information and click “Purchase.”
Once you have purchased a warranty or coverage plan, your device will be registered with Apple and you will be able to view your coverage details online.
If you do not register your device, you will not be able to view your coverage details online. You will also not be able to file a claim for a repair or replacement if your device is damaged.
It is important to register your device as soon as possible after purchase to ensure that you are covered in the event of a problem.
If you are unable to display coverage details because your device hasn’t been registered, you can register your device by following the steps outlined above. If you have any questions, you can contact Apple Support for assistance.
- What is the difference between a warranty and AppleCare+?
A warranty is a promise from the manufacturer that your device will be free from defects for a certain period of time. AppleCare+ is a paid service that provides additional coverage for your device, including accidental damage and theft.
- How long does a warranty last?
The length of a warranty varies depending on the manufacturer. For example, Apple offers a one-year limited warranty on all of its products.
- What is covered under AppleCare+?
AppleCare+ covers accidental damage, theft, and loss. It also includes 24/7 technical support and access to express replacement services.
- How much does AppleCare+ cost?
- How do I register my device for AppleCare+?
You can register your device for AppleCare+ by visiting the Apple Support website or by calling Apple Support.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at email@example.com if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.