Disabling Audio Description on Amazon Devices
Many viewers enjoy their favorite films and shows on Amazon Prime Video without audio descriptions. But when these narrations start playing unexpectedly, it can be distracting. This section will guide you on how to turn off audio descriptions for Amazon devices like the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, ensuring a seamless viewing experience.
Amazon Fire TV
Turning off Audio Description:
- Navigate to Settings on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Scroll to and select Accessibility.
- Find VoiceView and switch it to Off.
Alternatively, if audio descriptions start during video playback:
- Pause the video.
- Press the Menu button (three horizontal bars) on the remote.
- Go to Subtitles and Audio.
- In the audio section, choose the track that doesn’t include audio description.
Fire TV Stick
Disabling Audio Description:
- Open the Prime Video app on your Fire TV Stick.
- Start playing the video that has the audio description.
- Press the Menu button (three horizontal bars) on your remote.
- Select Subtitles and Audio, then choose an audio track without the audio description tag.
By following these steps, you can enjoy your streaming service without the additional narration provided by the audio description feature. The process is simple and ensures that the Accessibility feature only runs when you need it.
Adjusting Accessibility Settings on Various Platforms
Amazon Prime Video offers a range of accessibility options to enhance the viewing experience for users. Specifically, the settings allow users to adjust subtitles, audio language, and audio description based on their needs. These customizations are designed to support viewers with visual impairments by providing a more inclusive streaming service.
For iPhone and Android users, making your Prime Video experience more accessible can be done in just a few steps:
- Open the Prime Video app on your mobile device.
- Select the movie or TV show you wish to watch.
- Tap the screen to reveal the playback options.
- Locate the “Subtitles and Audio” icon, which resembles a speech bubble.
- Here you can toggle subtitles on or off, change the language of both subtitles and audio, and switch audio descriptions on or off.
Remember, these changes can also help you troubleshoot any unintentional changes in your settings, ensuring your viewing experience matches your preferences.
Desktop and Web Browsers
Adjusting settings via a desktop computer or a web browser follows a similar method:
- Navigate to the Amazon Prime Video website and sign in.
- Start playing your selected movie or show.
- Move your cursor over the screen to display the playback controls.
- Click on the “Subtitles and Audio” symbol (speech bubble).
- A menu will appear, where you can choose your desired subtitles and audio settings.
Adjusting the audio description and subtitles settings on Amazon Prime Video is straightforward, whether you’re tuning in from a mobile device or sitting at your desktop. These simple steps are part of Amazon’s commitment to accessibility, ensuring all users can enjoy their content.
Troubleshooting Common Audio Description Issues
When you encounter issues with audio descriptions on Amazon, whether it’s persistent narration that won’t turn off or a specific content playback error, there are several steps you can take to resolve the situation.
Resolving Playback Errors
If you’re facing errors while streaming shows with audio description, the issue might not be with your preferences, but rather with the app itself. To address these problems:
- Refresh the App: Sometimes, simply refreshing or restarting the app can resolve loading or playback errors, as it clears temporary glitches.
- Check for Updates: Ensure your Amazon Prime Video app is up to date. Outdated versions can suffer from bugs that affect playback, including audio description errors.
- Clear Cache: On your PC or mobile app, try clearing the cache. This step often fixes errors by removing corrupted data that might be causing the issue.
- CSS Errors: For web app users, if you suspect a CSS error due to a faulty webpage display, a refresh or a different browser can help.
Managing Account Preferences
Audio description settings can sometimes be tricky to navigate if you’re not familiar with where they are located. To tweak these settings:
- Prime Account: Sign in to your Amazon Prime Video account and go to the Audio Description settings to adjust your preferences.
- Content-Specific Settings: Some shows or movies allow individual audio description settings. Look for an audio settings icon, often depicted as a speech bubble during playback.
- Subscription Settings: Review your entire Prime account preferences to ensure audio descriptions are turned off across all devices.
- Troubleshoot With Support: If all else fails, Amazon’s help and support feature can assist you in real-time to troubleshoot your issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stumbling upon unexpected narration during a movie can be jarring, so here’s the rundown on how to cut it out quickly from your Amazon Prime Video experience.
How can I disable the audio descriptions when watching on my Amazon Fire Stick?
To silence the audio descriptions on your Fire Stick, pause the content and search for the language or audio settings. This option is usually represented by a speech bubble icon, where you can toggle the audio descriptions off.
What should I do if there’s no option to disable audio descriptions on Amazon Prime?
Sometimes the setting to turn off audio descriptions may be hidden or hard to find. If this happens, reach out to Amazon’s customer support for specific guidance for your device.
What are the steps to turn off audio narration on the Amazon Prime Video app for Android devices?
On Android, play the title you want to watch and tap on the screen. Look for the “speech bubble” icon, tap it, and then select “off” for audio descriptions.
How can I turn off the audio description feature on Amazon Prime Video for a Samsung TV?
If you’re using a Samsung TV, start the video on the Prime Video app, then quickly press the “up” button on your remote twice. This will bring up the menu to disable audio descriptions.
What is the process to disable audio descriptions on Amazon Prime Video for Apple TV?
When watching Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV, swipe down on your remote to access the menu. You’ll find the Audio settings here; from there, you can deactivate the audio descriptions.
Why is there a narrator speaking on my TV, and how can I turn it off?
This is likely the audio description feature designed to assist visually impaired users by describing what’s happening on screen. To turn this off, navigate to the audio settings in your video or TV’s menu and switch off the option for audio descriptions.