Your iPhone is full, and you’re trying to back it up to your computer, but you keep getting an error message that says “There is not enough storage available.” This can be a frustrating problem, especially if you need to back up your phone for important reasons.
But don’t worry, there are a few things you can do to free up some storage space on your iPhone so that you can successfully back it up.
1. Delete old photos and videos
Photos and videos are often the biggest culprits when it comes to taking up storage space on your iPhone. So, if you’re looking to free up some space, the first thing you should do is delete any old photos and videos that you don’t need anymore.
You can also delete photos and videos from your iCloud account. To do this, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your name. Then, tap on iCloud and select Photos. Finally, toggle off the “”iCloud Photos”” switch.
2. Delete unused apps
Another way to free up storage space on your iPhone is to delete any apps that you don’t use anymore. To do this, open the App Store app on your iPhone and tap on the “Updates” tab. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on “Manage Storage.”
This will show you a list of all of the apps that are installed on your iPhone, along with how much storage space they’re taking up. Tap on any app that you don’t use anymore and then tap on “Delete App.
3. Clear your Safari history and website data
Safari can also take up a lot of storage space on your iPhone, especially if you have a lot of history and website data stored. To clear your Safari history and website data, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Safari. Then, tap on “History” and select “Clear History and Website Data.
4. Use iCloud Drive to store files
If you have an iCloud account, you can use iCloud Drive to store files that you don’t need to access on your iPhone all the time. This can free up some space on your iPhone’s internal storage.
To use iCloud Drive, open the Files app on your iPhone and tap on the “”iCloud Drive”” tab. Then, select the files that you want to store in iCloud Drive and tap on the “”Upload”” button.
5. Use a third-party app to manage your storage
If you’re having trouble freeing up storage space on your iPhone, you can use a third-party app to help you. There are a number of different apps available that can help you identify and delete files that are taking up the most space on your iPhone.
Some popular options include:
- Dr. Fone
By following these tips, you should be able to free up enough storage space on your iPhone so that you can successfully back it up. If you’re still having trouble, you can always contact Apple support for help.
- Why can’t I back up my iPhone if there is enough storage space?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to back up your iPhone even if there is enough storage space.
- You might be using a different iCloud account to back up your iPhone than the one that you’re signed into on your computer. Make sure that you’re signed into the same iCloud account on both devices.
- You might have turned off iCloud backup on your iPhone. To check, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your name. Then, tap on iCloud and make sure that the “”iCloud Backup”” switch is turned on.
- You might have a problem with your iCloud account. If you’re having trouble backing up your iPhone, try signing out of your iCloud account and then signing back in.
- You might have a problem with your computer. If you’re trying to back up your iPhone to your computer, make sure that your computer is connected to the internet and that you have enough free space on your hard drive.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.