Few things can be as frustrating as seeing a “Call Failed” message pop up on your iPhone 7 Plus, especially when you’re expecting an important call. Whether it’s a software glitch, a faulty SIM card, or network issues, let’s unravel the mystery behind this problem and explore ways to fix it.
Common Causes of “Call Failed”
Before diving into solutions, it’s essential to understand the common causes:
- Network Congestion: High traffic can sometimes be the culprit behind failed calls.
- SIM Card Issues: A damaged or misplaced SIM can prevent calls.
- Software Bugs: Outdated software or specific glitches can interfere with call functions.
Troubleshooting and Solutions
- Restart Your iPhone: This simple step can often solve a multitude of issues. Just press and hold the power button, slide to turn off, and then restart.
- Check for Software Updates: Head to Settings > General > Software Update and ensure your iOS is up-to-date.
- Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords, but it can often fix network-related issues.
- Re-insert Your SIM Card: Turn off your iPhone, eject the SIM card, inspect it for any visible damage, and re-insert it.
- Enable Airplane Mode: Toggle on Airplane Mode from the Control Center, wait for 30 seconds, and then turn it off.
- Check Blocked Numbers: Ensure you haven’t accidentally blocked the number you’re trying to call. Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts.
- *Dial #31#: This USSD code can sometimes fix call issues. Dial it, and it will show if your outbound caller ID is on or off.
- Contact Your Service Provider: They might have insights into any ongoing network issues or other problems specific to their services.
Tips to Prevent Future Call Failures
- Regularly Update Your Software: Always keep your iOS and carrier settings updated.
- Avoid Overloading the Network: During high-traffic events or emergencies, networks can get congested. If possible, delay non-urgent calls.
- Protect Your SIM Card: Ensure your SIM card isn’t exposed to potential damage by keeping your phone in a protective case.
The “Call Failed” issue on the iPhone 7 Plus, while vexing, is generally fixable with some patience and troubleshooting. Whether it’s a quick restart or a chat with your service provider, ensure you’re equipped with the knowledge to address it efficiently.
- How can I check if it’s a network issue causing the “Call Failed” message?
- You can check service provider websites or community forums for any ongoing outages or disruptions.
- Does the “Call Failed” issue only affect the iPhone 7 Plus?
- No, it can affect any phone, but this guide is tailored for iPhone 7 Plus users.
- Do third-party apps cause this issue?
- Rarely, but always ensure you download apps from trusted sources.
- Will resetting my phone to factory settings fix the issue?
- It can, but it’s a drastic measure. Always backup your data before doing a full reset.
- Can physical damage to the phone cause call failures?
- Yes, if the damage affects the internal antennas or other call-related hardware.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at email@example.com if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.