Kyocera, a brand known for its durable devices, occasionally sees wear and tear, just like any other gadget. If you’re dealing with a damaged Kyocera Android One S6 screen and are considering a DIY replacement, this guide is for you. Replacing a screen requires careful attention, but with the right steps and tools, you can breathe new life into your device.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Hair dryer or heat gun
- Plastic opening tools or guitar picks
- Fine-tipped tweezers
- Phillips screwdriver
- Spudger tool
- New Kyocera S6 screen
- Make sure the Kyocera S6 is powered off.
- Work in a clean, well-lit, and static-free environment.
- Handle all components and tools with care.
- Warming the Adhesive:
- Opening the Kyocera S6:
- Using the plastic opening tool or a guitar pick, create an entry point between the frame and the screen.
- Gently work your way around the device, prying the screen away from the frame. Be patient to avoid cracking the screen further.
- Disconnecting the Battery:
- Once you gain access inside, locate the battery connector.
- Utilize the spudger tool to carefully disconnect the battery from its connector, ensuring power isn’t flowing during the replacement.
- Removing the Damaged Screen:
- Identify screws securing the screen and remove them with the Phillips screwdriver.
- With the spudger, gently disconnect the screen’s flex cables from the motherboard.
- Lift and remove the damaged screen from the device.
- Installing the New Screen:
- Position the new screen where the damaged one was.
- Connect its flex cables to the motherboard, ensuring they snap securely into place.
- Secure the screen using the screws you previously removed.
- Reconnecting the Battery:
- Attach the battery back to its connector using the spudger tool.
- Sealing the Device:
- If the old adhesive remains sticky and clean, it can be reused. If not, apply new adhesive strips around the edges.
- Align the new screen carefully with the frame and press down to ensure it adheres securely.
- Testing the New Screen:
- Power on the Kyocera S6.
- Confirm the touch functionality, ensure proper color display, and check for dead pixels or unresponsive areas.
Conclusion: Reviving Your Kyocera Android One S6
With the right steps, replacing the screen of your Kyocera S6 can be a successful DIY project. However, if at any point the task feels overwhelming or risky, it’s advisable to seek assistance from professionals or a service center to ensure your device’s safety and functionality.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long should the screen replacement take?
- For someone new to the process, it might take 1-2 hours. As familiarity grows, the time can decrease.
- Where can I buy a replacement screen for the Kyocera S6?
- Replacement screens can be found at specialized mobile repair shops, online retailers, or electronic stores that offer mobile parts.
- What if there are issues after the replacement?
- Check all connections inside the device, especially the screen’s flex cables. If problems persist, consult a professional.
- Is it essential to use new adhesive strips?
- For the most secure and dust-free seal, it’s recommended to use new adhesive. However, if the original adhesive is still very tacky and clean, it can be reused.
- Can I use any hair dryer or heat gun?
- Yes, most standard hair dryers will suffice. If using a heat gun, make sure it’s on a low setting to avoid causing damage.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at email@example.com if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.