The comparison between the Apple iPhone 15 and Samsung Galaxy S23 reveals differences in display, hardware, camera, design, and other features:
- Size: Both have 6.1-inch displays.
- Resolution: iPhone 15: 2556 x 1179 pixels (461 PPI); Galaxy S23: 2340 x 1080 pixels (422 PPI).
- Technology: iPhone 15 uses OLED; Galaxy S23 uses Super AMOLED.
- Refresh Rate: iPhone 15: 60Hz; Galaxy S23: 120Hz.
- Peak Brightness: iPhone 15: 2000 cd/m² (nit); Galaxy S23: 1750 cd/m² (nit).
- System Chip: iPhone 15: A16 Bionic; Galaxy S23: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.
- Processor: iPhone 15: Hexa-core; Galaxy S23: Octa-core.
- RAM: iPhone 15: 6GB LPDDR5; Galaxy S23: 8GB LPDDR5X.
- Internal Storage: Both have 128GB, non-expandable.
- Operating System: iPhone 15: iOS (17.x); Galaxy S23: Android (13).
- Capacity: iPhone 15: 3349 mAh; Galaxy S23: 3900 mAh.
- Charging: iPhone 15 supports MagSafe wireless charging; Galaxy S23 supports Qi wireless charging and reverse wireless charging.
- Rear Camera: iPhone 15: Dual camera with a 48 MP main sensor; Galaxy S23: Triple camera with a 50 MP main sensor.
- Video Recording: iPhone 15 supports 4K UHD (60 fps), Full HD (240 fps); Galaxy S23 supports 8K UHD (30 fps), 4K UHD (60 fps), Full HD (960 fps).
- Dimensions: iPhone 15: 5.81 x 2.82 x 0.31 inches; Galaxy S23: 5.76 x 2.79 x 0.30 inches.
- Weight: iPhone 15: 6.03 oz; Galaxy S23: 5.93 oz.
- Materials: Both have glass backs and aluminum frames.
- Resistance: Both are IP68 rated.
- Biometrics: iPhone 15: 3D Face unlock; Galaxy S23: 2D Face unlock, Ultrasonic in-screen fingerprint.
Cellular and Connectivity
- 5G Support: Both support various 5G bands.
- Wi-Fi: Both support Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E.
- Bluetooth: Both have Bluetooth 5.3.
- USB: Both use Type-C USB.
- Location Services: Both support multiple location services.
- Other Features: Both include NFC and Ultra Wideband (UWB).
- Headphones: Neither has a 3.5mm jack.
- Speakers: iPhone 15 has earpiece and loudspeaker; Galaxy S23 has earpiece and multiple speakers.
- Screen Mirroring: Both support wireless screen share.
In summary, while both smartphones offer cutting-edge technology, the iPhone 15 focuses on display quality and Apple ecosystem integration, while the Galaxy S23 offers a higher refresh rate display, more RAM, and versatile camera capabilities. The choice between the two depends on user preference for operating systems, specific hardware features, and brand ecosystem.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.