When you’re on a FaceTime call on your iPhone 15 and struggling to hear the other person or the video they’re sharing, it can be frustrating. Fortunately, there are several methods to amplify the sound and make videos louder during your FaceTime calls. Here’s how you can do it.
Adjusting iPhone Volume
Using the Volume Buttons
One of the simplest and most direct ways to increase the volume during a FaceTime call is to use the volume buttons on your iPhone. These buttons are typically located on the left side of your device. During your FaceTime call, you can press the volume up button to increase the sound or the volume down button to decrease it.
Using On-Screen Controls
Utilizing Headphones or External Speakers
Benefits of Headphones
Using headphones can provide direct audio output to your ears, eliminating external noise interference and maximizing sound clarity. You can choose between wired or wireless headphones, but ensure they are compatible with your iPhone model and have good sound quality.
Connecting to External Speakers
For a more immersive experience, consider connecting to external speakers. You can use Bluetooth speakers or connect your iPhone to a speaker system using an audio cable. This amplifies the sound, making it easier to hear videos and conversations during FaceTime calls.
Enabling Loud Speaker Mode
How to Enable
If you prefer not to use headphones or external speakers, enabling the “Loud Speaker” mode on your iPhone is another option. This feature amplifies the audio output of your device. To enable it, open the FaceTime app, start a call, and then tap the speaker icon usually located in the bottom left or right corner of the screen.
Keep in mind that using Loud Speaker mode can affect the privacy of your conversation, as the sound is projected to a larger area. Ensure you’re in a suitable environment where this won’t be an issue.
Using Volume Booster Apps
Finding the Right App
Volume booster apps can significantly increase the volume on your FaceTime calls. These apps are designed to amplify the audio output of your iPhone beyond the default limits. You can find such apps on the App Store, with popular options including Volume Booster GOODEV, Equalizer FX, and Boom: Music Player & Equalizer.
Using the App Responsibly
Improving the audio volume on your iPhone 15 during FaceTime calls is crucial for a clear and enjoyable conversation. Whether it’s through adjusting the volume settings, using headphones, enabling Loud Speaker mode, or using volume booster apps, you have multiple options to ensure you never miss a word again. Remember, each method has its own advantages and suitability depending on your environment and preferences.
- Can I use AirPods to increase volume during FaceTime calls? Yes, AirPods or any other compatible wireless headphones can be used to improve audio clarity during FaceTime calls.
- Does enabling Low Power Mode affect FaceTime call volume? Low Power Mode mainly affects background app activity and may not directly impact FaceTime call volume.
- Can I adjust the volume for individual participants in a group FaceTime call? Currently, there is no feature to adjust the volume for individual participants in a group FaceTime call on iPhone.
- Will using external speakers affect the microphone quality on FaceTime? Using external speakers shouldn’t affect the microphone quality, but it’s important to ensure there’s no feedback or echo during the call.
- Are volume booster apps safe to use? Most volume booster apps are safe if used responsibly. However, excessive use at high volumes can potentially harm your device’s speakers.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.