Samsung Phone – Screen Is Not Working
When the screen of your Samsung phone stops working, it can be a major inconvenience. Understanding the common causes and solutions is crucial. Here’s an updated guide on how to tackle this issue:
Common Causes of a Non-Working Phone Screen:
- Physical Damage: A cracked or broken screen can lead to display issues.
- Liquid Damage: Exposure to liquid can impair screen functionality.
- Software Problems: Glitches in the software can freeze or black out the screen.
- Hardware Problems: Issues with internal components, like a faulty display or connectors, can cause screen problems.
- Basic Troubleshooting:
- Restarting Your Phone: Hold the power button to access the power menu, then tap ‘Restart’.
- Force Restart: Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for 10–20 seconds until the Samsung logo appears. This won’t affect your data but can resolve many issues.
- Safe Mode:
- Addressing Liquid Damage:
- Factory Reset:
- Professional Repair:
- If these steps don’t resolve the issue, it’s advisable to take your phone to a repair shop, especially if the problem is due to physical or significant liquid damage.
Different issues require different solutions when it comes to a non-working screen on your Samsung phone. From restarting in various modes to a factory reset, these steps can help revive your phone’s screen. For severe cases, professional repair is recommended.
- What to do if the screen is cracked?
- A cracked screen typically needs professional repair or replacement.
- How to manage liquid exposure?
- Immediately turn off the phone and dry it thoroughly, preferably with uncooked rice.
- What if the screen is black or unresponsive?
- Try force restarting or booting in Safe Mode. If these don’t work, consider a factory reset or professional repair.
- What about screen flickering?
- Screen flickering can often be resolved by restarting the phone or, in persistent cases, performing a factory reset.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.