Fixing a minor crack on your phone screen using toothpaste is one of those “life hacks” that has made its way around the internet. And while it does work to fill in the hole, you obviously don’t get the functionality of the cracked area back unless you replace the actual screen. This is a popular DIY method for addressing minor scratches and it’s important to understand its limitations and risks:
- Application Process:
- Limitations of Toothpaste:
- Toothpaste contains fine abrasives that can polish tiny scratches, making the screen smoother. However, it’s not capable of completely fixing a cracked screen. Improper application of toothpaste can potentially damage the screen further, especially the internal Liquid Crystal Display (LCD).
- Risks of Using Toothpaste:
- Using toothpaste or any unapproved methods for repairing a phone screen carries risks, such as causing long-term damage to the device. The phone screen is not designed to be exposed to liquid substances like toothpaste, and such DIY fixes can lead to more significant issues, including damage to the motherboard.
- Professional Repair as the Best Option:
- For a reliable and lasting repair, especially for significant cracks, it’s recommended to take your phone to a professional repairer. A professional service can provide appropriate and safe solutions for fixing the screen, which is a better option than resorting to temporary DIY methods like using toothpaste.
In conclusion, while toothpaste may offer a temporary solution for minor scratches, it is not a suitable method for repairing cracked phone screens. For more severe cracks, professional repair services are the most reliable and safe option.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.