Waterproof cases are indeed available for cell phones, and they come in various types and sizes – offering different levels of protection and features. These cases aren’t as popular as you would think they should be because people don’t like the fact that they have to completely surround the phone. Some of them will interfere with touch sensitivity, fingerprint reading, face ID, screen quality, etc. so that adds to the drawbacks of using such a case. But for special circumstances (like visiting the beach or swimming pool) or specialty applications (like if you work in or near large pools of water) they make a lot of sense.
Reasons to Use a Waterproof Case:
- Protection from Water Damage: A waterproof case is essential for preventing water damage, which is particularly useful if you drop your phone in water.
- Dust and Dirt Protection: These cases also protect your phone from dust and dirt, which can cause malfunctions.
- Shock and Impact Resistance: Some waterproof cases offer additional protection against shocks and impacts, reducing the risk of damage from drops.
Types of Waterproof Cases:
- Universal Cases: These cases are designed to fit various cell phone models. They typically have a waterproof seal and are made of materials like silicone or rubber for flexibility and durability.
- Device-Specific Cases: These are tailored to fit specific cell phone models and are often made of harder materials, offering features like built-in screen protectors and kickstands.
Top Waterproof Case Recommendations:
- Temdan Waterproof Case: Known for its sleek design, the Temdan case offers full IP68 waterproofing, drop protection, and dust resistance. It’s capable of withstanding up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes, making it suitable for activities like swimming and snorkeling. It’s available for various Androids and iPhones.
- Lifeproof FRĒ Case: This case is particularly noted for its compatibility with MagSafe accessories and its ability to survive submersion in 2 meters of water for up to one hour. It boasts excellent durability and an eco-friendly design.
- Pelican Marine Waterproof Pouch: Ideal for outdoor adventurers, this case supports floating, making it a great choice for activities like kayaking and jet skiing. It’s compatible with several phone models and keeps the phone dry for up to 30 minutes in 1 meter of water.
- JOTO Waterproof Universal Phone Case: This case balances pricing and performance, offering IPX8 waterproof rating and is suitable for a range of activities including surfing and kayaking. It’s clear on both sides and includes a neck strap for easy carrying.
- Hiearcool Universal Waterproof Phone Case: With an IPX8 rating for depths up to 100 feet, this case is ideal for underwater activities like scuba diving and snorkeling. It also includes a detachable lanyard for convenience.
- Famoby Waterproof Phone Case: Offering value for money, these cases are IP68 certified and made with durable materials, suitable for holding devices as wide as 6.5 inches.
- Syncwire Waterproof Phone Case: Accommodates phones with a width of 7 inches and features an IPX8 waterproof seal. It’s made with high-quality soft TPU material, allowing easy use and picture taking.
How to Choose a Waterproof Case:
When selecting a waterproof case, consider factors such as compatibility with your phone model, the level of protection (indicated by the IP rating), additional features like shock and impact protection, built-in screen protectors, and price.
In summary, waterproof cases are an excellent investment for protecting your cell phone from water, dust, dirt, and impact. There are various options available, from universal to device-specific cases, each with its own set of features and levels of protection. When choosing a case, consider your specific needs, the activities you engage in, and the level of protection you require.
When I’m not writing about tech I’m playing with my dog or hanging out with my girlfriend.
Shoot me a message at email@example.com if you want to see a topic discussed or have a correction on something I’ve written.